Ol’ Guys Patrol
Over 25 years ago, the Troop 103 unit committee devised membership in our unique “Ol’ Guys” patrol – denoted by our rare patrol patch – as a way to encourage adult participation in supporting the troop’s youth-driven program. We’ve recently brought back the Ol’ Guys patrol with these revised requirements:
These requirements can be completed with activities beginning on the individual’s registration as an adult leader or committee member, on or after their 18th birthday:
- Be registered as a committee member or other troop leadership role for at least two years, and actively participate in at least half of the committee meetings during that period.
- Sign up to be a merit badge counselor for at least one merit badge, for at least the troop. Help counsel at least one scout to merit badge completion.
- Help participate in at least 3 Boards of Review.
- Attend summer camp at least once as a leader, or assist as a leader on overnight troop camp outs totaling at least 6 overnights.
- Complete a significant project benefiting the troop, as proposed by you and pre-approved by the troop committee.